At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma seeks an ambitious Billing Analyst with exceptionally high work standards to support our proprietary and patent medicine vendors project for a duration of 12 months. The position supports in managing billing and revenue recognition for 20+ facilities in Lagos. The Associate will have an opportunity to interface with a wide variety of stakeholders in the healthcare space (manufacturers, insurers, distributors and providers) and provide data analysis that will drive critical business decision making.
- Reconcile and interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing billing reports to stakeholders.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize data efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct underlying problems
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Performs entry level billing activities for various facilities.
- Creates custom reports, maintains financial filing systems, and uploads invoices to a shared storage location for mPharma records.
- Ensures all bills are current and invoicing documents conform to required contract standards, mPharma guidelines and are aligned with regulations as required.
- Reconciles project costs to billed costs and maintains a complete and systematic set of billing records.
- Produces a monthly reconciliation consisting of an analysis of project costs compared to billing costs with an explanation of any variances.
- Contribute to any other initiatives that are critical to the continued success of the project.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- High attention to detail and past experience validating data accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with accuracy
- Strong Excel Skills (must be able to create pivot tables and lookups effortlessly). This will be tested
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- Collaborate effectively
- Attention to detail to ensure a high level of accuracy.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of quantitative work experience in Accounting, Finance, Billing or related field.
- Demonstrated ability in account and vendor statement reconciliation.
Duration of the role: 12 Months
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Billing Analyst (PPMVs) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.