mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our Nigeria operations team as a Customer Service Associate. This role will entail developing customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty. Their job will be to work closely with customers to ensure they are satisfied with the services they receive and to improve upon areas of dissatisfaction. The Customer Service Associate will also provide technical support to customers with the goal to keep customers satisfied with mPharma products and to streamline internal customer facing processes. The leads main deliverable will be expanding operations within mPharma’s existing network.
- Ensuring day to day seamless operations at the partner hospitals and pharmacies and serving as mPharma’s main point of contact.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Owning and leading multiple customer accounts and managing relationships utilizing project management best practices
- Knowing the company’s products and providing existing customers with technical and product support
- Creating and implementing procedures that optimize the customer experience
- Identifying and finding solutions to potential operational issues such as billing, deliveries of drugs etc.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Assist customers with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges
- Work with customer service manager to ensure proper customer service is being delivered
- Interface with other supply chain departments-Procurement & Distribution to ensure all orders are fully serviced within agreed timelines.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessible and affordable high-quality medicines
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience working in multinational company with teams located in other countries is an advantage.
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
- 3+ years of professional experience in a healthcare setting (including internships)
- Spotless business and personal background
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Customer Service Associate – Nigeria – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.