At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma seeks an ambitious Distribution Associate with exceptionally high work standards to support our proprietary and patent medicine vendors project for a duration of 12 months. The position would be responsible for the fulfillment of all sales orders for 20+ facilities in lagos and ensure that their inventory needs are proactively fulfilled. The individual responsibilities will encompass all aspects of the Warehouse functions and include daily interaction with external and internal customers. He/She will be responsible for stock taking, inventory accuracy in reconciliation to system reporting as well as ensuring the security and safety of mPharma stock. This role reports to the Project Lead with a dotted line to the MDC Manager
- Work with provider engagement teams and customer service lead to ensure the delivery of professional and proactive customer service.
- Ensures that all warehouse and administrative activities are executed in accordance with company SOP’s, and follow the highest standards of warehousing and distribution operations, customer service, and safety.
- Ensure that all procurement/ fulfillment driver logs and trip reports are completed timely and accurately.
- Collate accurate stock data for a report on the availability of goods for efficient movement of products through the distribution network
- Arrange and ensure accurate stock physical counting – monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Support distribution center operations to ensure achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) .
- Ensure that all goods are appropriately received, stacked and covered with required documentation.
- Properly load the assigned vehicle prior to departing for a scheduled or unscheduled route, and properly unload the assigned vehicle upon returning from a scheduled or unscheduled route.
- Plans regular inspection to ensure implementation and continuous compliance to HSE policies as it pertains to warehousing.
- Ensure working within the guidelines of the Good Manufacturing and Warehousing Practices (GMP’s).
- Contribute to any other initiatives that are critical to the continued success of the project.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines in Africa.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Proficient in the use of Google suite and Microsoft Office suite especially excel.
- Attention to detail to ensure a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated expertise in pricing negotiations and cost management.
- Successful experience in audit/assessments and the implementation of warehousing/distribution management improvements
- Time management skills are important in prioritizing tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines and streamlining processes to maximize productivity
- Ability to work and lead in a dynamic team. You pride yourself in your ability to foster an environment where people thrive and deliver their best performance.
- Degree in Pharmacy, Supply Chain, Logistics or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience working in Warehouse and Distribution in the Pharmaceuticals or FMCG sectors.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector highly desired.
- Relevant ERP Experience in Inventory and Warehouse Management System is highly desired.
- Knowledge of CS Best Practices
Duration of the role: 12 Months
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “MDC Manager (PPMV) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.