At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our Supply Chain team as a Demand & Supply Planning Lead in support of mPharma’s mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities. The individual will create and maintain forecast models for our customers, incorporate business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer data, and other sources (Syndicated consumer data) He/She will be responsible for performing the demand forecasting and assortment planning duties in order to ensure that operational forecasts are as accurate as possible and support service level and inventory objectives of the project. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated replenishment plans, provider engagement and marketing service assumptions
- Facilitate the collaborative demand planning process and ensure that assumptions, risks and opportunities are managed, understood and escalated.
- Interact with provider engagement, operations and customer service to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Accountable for key customer and/or channel demand forecast with a focus on customer and SKU accuracy.
- Ensures the maintenance of all relevant system data to required standards. This includes date validity, Master Data and other data elements impacting on the planning process
- Work closely with the data team for on-time data collection, processing and dissemination of information
- Ensure that risks to business are escalated within business-wide category planning forums with Root cause analysis and recommendations for mitigation.
- Map out demand drivers assumed in forecast & validate them against statistical and historical events.
- Interact with provider engagements, operations and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Lead forecast bias and forecast error corrective action within the categories
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with provider engagement and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool
- Provide input for Supply Planning in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Drive replenishment push model on inventory levels.
- Monitor and communicate any imbalance or potential KPI miss with options to mitigate on a weekly and monthly basis. Key KPIs to track and monitors are Case Fill Rate (CFR), Month End Peak (MEP), Forecast Accuracy (IA), etc.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- You have a high attention to detail and past experience validating data accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with accuracy
- Solid experience in Demand and Supply Planning, S&OP facilitation and S&OP implementation, ideally from healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated capability to work cross functionally and foster new and existing business relationships.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret data and develop reports.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to influence stakeholders at all different levels.
- Experience in SAP/ERP/ESP/APO/ECC systems.
- Self-driven, outcome-driven and take initiative to drive the process.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A self-starter who can multifocus while consistently producing high quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives.
- Look to continuously improve and demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrate a knowledge of S&OP and the demand planning process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in demand planning in a related field or in the FMCG industry with a proven track record of supply chain, demand planning and customer service collaboration
If you meet the criteria above, please email your CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com. Please title your email “(Your Name) – Head – Demand & Supply Planning Lead”.