mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 30+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission driven users. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop product and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across three African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia).
The Distribution personnel performs the functions required to lead a warehouse safely and efficiently as well as ensuring fulfillment of all sales orders. This position must be flexible where changing business needs are concerned and must possess the communication skills necessary to be an effective leader. The individual responsibilities will encompass all aspects of the Warehouse functions and include daily interaction with external, as well as internal, customers. The individual must ensure the highest levels of safety, accuracy, quality, and efficiency while working within the prescribed mPharma culture and philosophies. He or she is responsible for creating and promoting a safe and effective work environment that allows the warehouse, as well as all support teams (i.e., logistics, product supply, inventory control, customer service, etc.) to achieve success in delighting their customers and contributing to the improvement in mPharma gross margin return on sales. Most importantly, with stock being our greatest assets, the individual will be responsible for stock taking, inventory accuracy in reconciliation to system reporting as well as ensuring the security and safety of mPharma stock.
- Inventory stock accuracy of 99.9% is non- negotiable.
- Ensuring on time fulfillment in line with KPI of OTIFIC, Case Fill Rate, etc.
- Lead and motivate a team of warehouse employees by Supervise, coach and training
- Develop and work within the warehouse budget of controllable expenses (i.e. labor, supplies, repairs, freight lanes and material damages) to achieve operational goals.
- Attend team meetings and operational reviews.
- Ensure follow-up of all relevant points.
- Coordination of product movements within the countries to regional warehouses as well as delivery to facilities
- Strategically plan and manage warehouse logistics transportation, freight forward.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery lead times, transport cost and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse in line with good and best practices, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Support development of SOP in line with all warehousing functions and activities
- Support Global initiatives on best practices and implementation as related to quality improvements.
- Match invoices with purchase orders receiving waybills
- Meet cost, productivity and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws regulations and ISO requirements with relation to best warehousing practices for drugs and related products
- Provide and discuss daily/weekly/monthly performance results through our operational review process.
- Optimizes distribution costs by collaborating with cross-functional business partners such Demand and Supply Planning (DSP), Procurement etc.
- Comply with and ensure all company safety policies and procedures are being followed by teams. Lead by example.
- Take an active role to ensure personal safety and the safety of others is never compromised
- Ensure working within the guidelines of the Good Manufacturing and Warehousing Practices (GMP’s).
- Actively participate in preventing and correcting quality related errors.
- Lead, communicate, and interact with others in a manner consistent with the company’s management philosophy and culture. Model and coach appropriate interactive skills.
- Actively participate in committees and project tasks.
- Provide day-to-day communication and support to both our internal and external customers.
- Ensure cross-functional communication and training to promote and establish Team Member growth.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5 to 8 years of Supply Chain Management experience and 3 years in FMCG
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (In Supply Chain, Finance or Statistics or any relevant field)
- More than 5 years’ experience working with warehouse and Distribution
- Relevant ERP Experience in Inventory and Warehouse Management System is mandatory
- Knowledge of GDP & GWP Best Practices
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector highly desired.
- Experience building Enterprise Marketing websites and products highly desired.
- Preferred start date October 1st 2018
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Distribution Associate/Lead – (Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.