mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 80 members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a competitive and trustworthy Sales professional with exceptionally hard-working ethics to provide leadership, direction and resources to the Provider Business Unit. This individual will be accountable for the overall business units’ performance, the achievement of the unit’s goals and targets, and the alignment of the business strategy. The Global Business Unit Head is also charged with surpassing the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth.
- Deliver Business Unit (BU) revenue target and facility targets
- Provide strategic direction and execution to help efficiently scale the go-to-market sales and retention engine across geographies
- Fundamentally refine and standardize sales processes across the organization to improve operational efficiency, sales productivity, and customer satisfaction. These processes include forecasting and pipeline management.
- Implement tools and systems to support these processes
- Manage Business Unit Operating Expenses (OPEX)
- Provide inspirational leadership to the team in a cohesive manner to ensure strong alignment
- Ensure goals and objectives are agreed to and cascaded in a timely manner, and giving ongoing feedback, coaching and development to build skills
- Lead, develop and maintain appropriate customer networks on behalf of the company
- Actively develop the motivation of the team through high-quality communication
- Collaborate with key leadership (BU Heads) to support the strategies that have been developed and provide insight and reporting
Our Ideal Candidate
- 10+ years’ experience in leadership roles across commercial functions in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry
- Track-record of accurate forecasting, building and effectively managing large and diverse teams, and putting the appropriate processes and infrastructure in place to drive growth within a high-growth company
- Success as a leader. Proven ability to attract, develop, and retain superstar-level talent
- 5+ years’ experience in managing large regional teams
- Commercially astute, with strong organizational and prioritizing skills, and the ability to succeed in a highly results-driven environment
- High standard of professionalism and integrity
- Strategic thinker – able to operate as a senior leader and influence go to market and company strategy.
- Business savvy; solid understanding of finance, operations, marketing, etc. and how these functions relate to and impact sales
- Action and results-oriented. Highly productive both personally and as a leader
- Technically competent. Understands the inner workings of the product and translate that knowledge into benefits for a customer
- Highly self-aware, collaborative, and open to feedback and transparent.
- Pharmacy Degree, Master’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or equivalent work experience
- Strong Healthcare experience
- The role reports to the COO
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience. Each employee receives stock options. High performance can quickly lead to a promotion and additional compensation
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Global Head of Provider Business Unit – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.