At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a supply chain professional who will create and maintain forecast models for our customers, incorporate business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer data, and other sources (Syndicated consumer data where applicable).
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated replenishment plans, provider engagement and marketing service assumptions
- Ensure that risks to business are escalated within business-wide category planning forums with Root cause analysis and recommendations for mitigation.
- Map out demand drivers assumed in forecast & validate them against statistical and historical events.
- Interact with provider engagements, operations and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Lead forecast bias and forecast error corrective action within the categories
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with provider engagement and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool
- Provide input for Supply Planning in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Closely coordinate customer success feedback and communicate action plans with supply planning.
- Key KPIs to track and monitor include: Forecast Accuracy, Case Fill Rate (CFR), Month End Peak (MEP), Invoice Accuracy (IA), etc.
- Follow through with issues and actions arising within the monthly business management cycle are managed to completion
- Drive replenishment push model on inventory levels.
Our Ideal Candidate must have
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of the business affecting the forecast process
- Decision Quality: Make good decisions based on analysis, facts, wisdom and experience even under time pressure.
- Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals
- Look to continuously improve and demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Analytical thinking
- Good personal and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Microsoft Office, e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrate a knowledge of S&OP and the demand planning process
- University degree in a related discipline such as Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- 3-5 years work experience in a related field or in the FMCG industry with a proven track record of supply chain, demand planning and customer service collaboration
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
If you meet the criteria above, please email your CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email “(Your Name) – Head – Demand & Supply Planning”.