mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 45+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
The incumbent will create and maintain forecast models for our customers, incorporate business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer data, and other sources (Syndicated consumer data where applicable).
The Demand & Supply Heads specific tasks will include;
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function;
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results;
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated replenishment plans, provider engagement and marketing service assumptions;
- Ensure that risks to business are escalated within business-wide category planning forums with Root cause analysis and recommendations for mitigation.
- Map out demand drivers assumed in forecast & validate them against statistical and historical events.
- Interact with provider engagements, operations and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Lead forecast bias and forecast error corrective action within the categories
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with provider engagement and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts;
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool;
- Provide input for Supply Planning in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs; and
- Closely coordinate customer success feedback and communicate action plans with supply planning.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree in a related discipline such as Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- 5 -8 years work experience in a related field or in the FMCG industry with a proven track record of supply chain, demand planning and customer service collaboration
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Training in Healthcare
- Demonstrate a knowledge of S&OP and the demand planning process
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of the business affecting the forecast process
- Decision Quality; Make good decisions based on analysis, facts, wisdom and experience even under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience. Each employee receives stock options.
- This position will be rotational between Ghana and Nigeria.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Head – Demand & Supply Planning” – (Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.