At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is seeking a Human Capital Associate to work with the Human Capital team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, You will bring knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support for mPharma Nigeria across key functional areas, including performance management, employee relations and engagement, onboarding, operations and HRIS expertise. The individual will report to the Human Capital Manager.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties. Ensure day-to-day operations of Human Capital-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment of staff including: job posting, candidate screening, phone and in person interviews, reference checks, and may present verbal and written offers.
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders to ensure that employee welcome packs and documentation are ready before onsite onboarding commences.
- Manage the on-boarding of new hires to ensure a seamless integration and optimise new hire productivity. Run 30, 60 and 90 day check-ins for new hires and use this data to enhance the onboarding process from time to time.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc.)
- Support daily Human Capital activities and assist in creating and coordinating HR policies, processes, and relevant documents.
- Manages benefits program and vendor relationships and assist employees with questions, issues, and enrollment.
- Mitigates employee relation issues while adhering to company and state laws and regulations.
- Act as a liaison between Human Capital Lead and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- An energetic communicator eager to organize and share knowledge in an easily understandable way across various unit in mPharma
- An ability to navigate complex stakeholder processes with multiple influencers, and effective at negotiating and achieving consensus
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Critical thinking, analytical mindset and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team. Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow
- Smart, kind, team player that wants to innovate while building value.
- Ability to manage incidents and solve complex problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences with at a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Human Resources or Business related field.
- Proficient in Google suite and Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Nigerian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to mPharma Nigeria.
Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Human Capital Associate – Nigeria – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.