At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for an experienced executive to lead our business in Nigeria. He/She will have overall P&L responsibility for the entire country operations and will be a key member of the leadership team at the Group level. The ideal candidate must have the ability to inspire confidence in his/her team and push them to achieve results far beyond what they thought was possible. He/She must be a great listener and an educator who takes pleasure in seeing others succeed. This role reports to the COO.
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company.
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by management.
- Create and manage alignment across all business units to ensure that there is cross-functional collaboration.
- Establish new business lines that align with our goal of expanding access to medicine in Nigeria.
- Implement adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
- Instill ownership culture in the achievement of operating objectives and standards of performance across the country leadership team and other employees.
- Track and monitor operating and financial results against plans and budgets.
- Take remedial action where necessary and inform management of significant changes.
- Maintain the operational performance of the company.
- Assume full accountability to management for all country operations.
- Represent the company to major customers and professional associations in Nigeria.
- Build and maintain an effective leadership team.
- Maintain and create highly-structured processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach.
- Build systems and processes that successfully inform global teams of all top line recurring indicators of success and that explain and troubleshoot any major outliers or obstacles to success.
- Design and implement innovative and engaging programs to drive the evolution of the Nigeria office.
- Communication skills are key to increasing employee’s effectiveness with both superiors and subordinates
- Operational excellence and ability to build for scale are key to designing and managing processes for scale, managing budgets, and building lasting systems for strong personnel management.
- Leadership skills are pertinent to providing and seeking out continuing education opportunities and fostering a growth mindset. You pride yourself in your ability to foster an environment where people thrive and deliver their best performance.
- Delegation skills are crucial in identifying the best person (or people) for a particular task and act as a facilitator to motivate and direct the work.
- Time management skills are important in prioritizing tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines and streamlining processes to maximize productivity
- Negotiation and mediation skills are necessary in finding opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently and favorably
- Decision-making skills are key to weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve company goals
- Problem-solving skills are crucial to analyzing past and current performance and recommending objectives to improve productivity and profitability
- MBA or Masters in business administration, economics, and finance.
- 10+ years experience as a general manager or senior leadership role in a multinational organization.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Managing Director – Nigeria – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.