At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma seeks an ambitious MDC Manager with exceptionally high work standards to support our proprietary and patent medicine vendors project for a duration of 12 months. The position would be responsible for managing the distribution center to ensure the fulfillment of all sales orders for 20+ facilities in Lagos and ensuring that their inventory needs are being proactively fulfilled. The individual responsibilities will encompass all aspects of the Warehouse functions and include daily interaction with external and internal customers. He/She will be responsible for stock taking, inventory accuracy in reconciliation to system reporting as well as ensuring the security and safety of mPharma stock. This role reports to the Project Lead
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Ensures inventory stock accuracy, on time fulfillment in line with KPI of OTIFIC, Case Fill Rate, etc
- Develop and work within the warehouse budget of controllable expenses (i.e. labor, supplies, repairs, freight lanes and material damages) to achieve operational goals.
- Maintain an efficient stocking and issuing systems that are in compliance with warehouse practices such that quality standards are met (FEFO principles and prevent obsolescence)
- Leads effective tracking of transfer/return of goods and Pallets in and out of the distribution center.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery lead times, transport cost and efficiency.
- Represent the company and build relationships with Customers and Government offices (when necessary) and regulatory bodies.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, carriage modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Ensure working within the guidelines of the Good Manufacturing and Warehousing Practices (GMP’s).
- Optimizes distribution costs by collaborating with cross-functional business partners such as Demand and Supply Planning (DSP), Procurement etc.
- Contribute to any other initiatives that are critical to the continued success of the project.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines in Africa.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Knowledge base in pharmaceuticals
- Time management skills are important in prioritizing tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines and streamlining processes to maximize productivity
- Ability to work and lead in a dynamic team. You pride yourself in your ability to foster an environment where people thrive and deliver their best performance.
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management, pharmacy or business administration or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience working in Warehouse and Distribution in the Pharmaceuticals or FMCG sectors.
- Minimum of 3 years of management or leadership experience.
- Relevant ERP Experience in Inventory and Warehouse Management System and O2C Processing is mandatory
- Knowledge of Customer Service Best Practices
Duration of the role: 12 Months
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “MDC Manager (PPMVs) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.