At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our proprietary and patent medicine vendors project team as a Demand Planning Associate for a duration of 12 months in support of mPharma’s mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities. He/She will be responsible for performing the demand forecasting and assortment planning duties for over 20+ in order to ensure that operational forecasts are as accurate as possible and support service level and inventory objectives of the project. This position reports to the Project Coordinator with a dotted line reporting to Supply Chain Manager.
- Facilitate the collaborative demand planning process and ensure that assumptions, risks, and opportunities are managed, understood and escalated.
- Map out demand drivers assumed in the forecast & validate them against statistical and historical events.
- Interact with provider engagement, operations, and customer service to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Provide input for Supply Planning in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Accountable for key customer and/or channel demand forecast with a focus on the customer and SKU accuracy.
- Ensures the maintenance of all relevant system data to required standards. This includes date validity, Master Data and other data elements impacting on the planning process
- Work closely with the data team for on-time data collection, processing, and dissemination of information
- Monitors and communicate any imbalance or potential KPI miss with options to mitigate on a weekly and monthly basis. Key KPIs to monitors are Case Fill Rate (CFR), Month End Peak (MEP), Invoice Accuracy (IA), etc.
- Lead and facilitate the relevant forums of the monthly demand cycle for the retail pharmacies.
- Manages forecast requirements through automated replenishment tools. Translates demand forecast and inventory strategies into executable supply plans and communicate these to manufacturing sites and third party manufacturers
- Facilitates and drive improvement in demand review and supply review processes.
- Coordinate the retail pharmacies inventory data analysis, financial forecasting, modeling, and planning.
- Ensures the supply plan provided meets customer demand while aligning with financial strategy, minimizing expiry exposure and optimizing the use of manufacturing capacity and resources.
- Ensures inventory levels at distribution centers are optimized and aged slow-moving, and obsolete inventory action items are addressed timely.
- Provide visibility on inventory risks/opportunities including strategies for existing items, new products, and out of stocks.
- Lead monthly demand review meetings aligning with stakeholders on consensus demand forecast.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Minimum of 2-4 years of working experience in a similar role.
- Solid experience in Demand and Supply Planning, S&OP facilitation and S&OP implementation, ideally from the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated capability to work cross-functionally and foster new and existing business relationships.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret data and develop reports.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to influence stakeholders at all different levels.
- Experience in SAP/ERP/ESP/APO/ECC systems.
- Self-driven, outcome-driven and take initiative to drive the process.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in demand planning
- 3+ years of professional experience in a healthcare organization (including internships)
Duration of the role: 12 Months
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Planning Associate (PPMVs) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.