At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma seeks an ambitious Procurement Associate with exceptionally high work standards to support our proprietary and patent medicine vendor project for a duration of 12 months. The position would be responsible for managing purchasing decisions for drugs for 20+ facilities in lagos and ensuring that their inventory needs are being proactively managed. He/She will interface with a wide variety of stakeholders in the healthcare space (manufacturers, insurers, distributors and providers) and provide data analysis that will drive critical business decision making. This role reports to the Project Lead with a dotted line to the Procurement Lead.
- Organize, manage and responsible for documentation related to drug pricing and procurement with providers/ distributors.
- Assist and facilitate the development and implementation of a procurement management system of all matters related to procurement for the project.
- Support procurement planning through collaboration with project personnel and Managers in the preparation of the procurement plan.
- Maintain and update the procurement monitoring system and provide feedback on purchase orders to relevant stakeholder
- Track inventory levels at selected facilities to minimize stock outs.
- Coordinate and ensure timely receipt and completion of purchase orders from providers.
- Manage the supply management tool and coordinate the drug mappings for all providers.
- Communicate and work closely with other teams within mPharma including: VMI , Quality Rx and Key Accounts
- Communicate with distributors – strategizing to find cost-effective deals and distributors while building and maintaining relationships with them.
- Set-up and maintain a database of local suppliers ensuring regular update of data
- Frequently collect and update drug prices from suppliers in the master supplier database.
- Contribute to any other initiatives that are critical to the continued success of the project.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines in Africa.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Strong Excel Skills (must be able to create pivot tables and lookups effortlessly). This will be tested
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player. Attention to detail to ensure a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to provide fact based advice and development of market and industry analysis.
- Successful experience in audit/assessments and the implementation of procurement management improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
- Degree in Pharmacy, Pharmacist preferred (can include internships)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in pharmaceutical Procurement operations and/ or supply chain management.
Duration of role: 12 Months
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Procurement Associate (PPMVs) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.