mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 45+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
We’re looking for ambitious business development professionals who are driven to tackle some of the most difficult challenges facing healthcare today. As the Provider Engagement Associate, you will be managed by the Provider Engagement Lead and you will contribute towards scaling up our business across providers (hospitals/pharmacies) in Nigeria. The Provider Engagement team is the face of mPharma to our providers, and this team leads the business development, strategic assessment and onboarding of all our providers. This role offers great exposure to key stakeholders in the healthcare industry, as well as the opportunity to progress your career with a leading and award-winning healthcare startup.
- Build and manage a pipeline of providers and communicate the business benefits of mPharma to them.
- Build and maintain relationships with providers through meetings and events.
- Manage the signup and onboarding of provider from initial engagements to delivery of the 1st batch of drugs.
- Identify new business development opportunities with providers.
- Work with our product and procurement teams to develop and update our key marketing and communications materials.
Our applicants must have:
- The enthusiasm to work with an early stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa
- demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and command respect.
- Thrives in a matrix environment which requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Customer Services, Technical and Purchasing teams)
- Is passionate about healthcare and has a strong understanding of the dynamics of the healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry (knowledge of pharmaceutical marketing and/or health insurance desirable)
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- University graduate with a minimum upper second class (3.2 GPA and above)
- 1-5 years work experience (can include internships)
- Spotless personal background
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic team
This position reports to the Provider Engagement Lead.
This position is offered with a competitive salary and stock options.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Provider Engagement (Nigeria) – (Your Name)”.