At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Retail Pharmacist. This role will focus on serving pharmacy customers by preparing medications; giving pharmacological consultation; monitoring patient drug therapies and managing multiple modes of customer interaction as well as general management of the pharmacy.The Pharmacist will work closely with a diverse set of mPharma team members to set up and operate community pharmacies.
- Preparing medications by reviewing and interpreting prescriptions and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Providing advice about health issues, symptoms and medications in response to customer enquiries
- Organizing and directing pharmacy technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Training and managing staff
- Tracking inventory, ordering and selling medicines and other stock
- Adhering to mPharma SOPs
- Complying with regulatory requirements by maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributing to any other initiatives that are critical to the pharmacies continued success.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong leader who can model the highest work standards and motivate their team members to maintain those standards
- An energetic communicator eager to organize and share knowledge in an easily understandable way
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Background in managing a retail pharmacy
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy
- HPCZ license to dispense (unattached to other facility)
- 2+ years of professional experience in a retail space
- Advanced Microsoft Office user, particularly for Excel
- Fluent oral and written English
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Retail Pharmacist – Zambia – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.