mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 80 members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a competitive and trustworthy Sales professional with exceptionally hard-working ethics to provide leadership, direction and resources to the West Africa VMI Business Unit. This individual will be accountable for the West Africa business units’ performance, the achievement of the unit’s goals and targets, and the alignment of the business strategy across the countries in the portfolio.You will be assigned a specific territory within a region to deliver growth targets.
- Deliver facility targets and associated revenue contribution
- Engage private/public hospitals and community pharmacies; effectively communicate the values of mPharma and our drug benefit program.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with providers in your assigned region through the organization of provider meetings and the application of other methodologies for customer acquisition.
- Lead on-boarding of hospitals/clinics and pharmacies, from initial engagements, signing of contracts, through to the launch of mPharma services on-site, while ensuring a successful transition to Key Account Management to maintain the service and relationships.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1+ years’ experience in Sales and Marketing in the health care sector
- Understanding of business development initiatives and influencing stakeholders
- Enthusiasm to work with an early stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa
- Thrive on achieving success in a target driven environment
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a matrix environment which requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Key Account, Technical and Supply Chain teams)
- Frequent travel within assigned territory
- Pharmacist, Bachelors’ degree in Sales and Marketing
- Healthcare background preferred
- This position reports to VMI Senior Associate and is offered with a competitive compensation package.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “VMI Junior Associate-Nigeria – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.