mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 40+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission driven users. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. The individual will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) based in Accra but is expected to travel periodically to the other countries to ensure policies and other initiatives are implemented while ensuring consistency.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Develop, deploy, and continually evaluate HR metrics dashboard aligned to business strategy
- Ensure manager population are equipped with skills and knowledge to effectively coach and develop their people appropriately
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Lead and drive Talent Management and succession planning within the organization
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Our Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 3-4 years of working experience as HR manager or other HR executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Ability to lead change and work in an evolving fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work across cultures and geographies
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiationm and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law
- BS/MS degree in Human Resources or related field
- Preferred start January 15, 2017
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience. In addition, each employee receives stock options.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Human Capital Manager – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.