Who We Are
mPharma has a simple mission, to make quality medicines affordable and accessible to all patients, but the path to achieve this is highly complex. Every day we come to work excited to tackle the many human and technological challenges that prevent our mission from being achieved. We not only believe in the impact that we are making, but also in the people that are making that impact a reality. A line of code is only as good as its human outcome, and we are ensuring that we make a positive difference in the world we live in.
As a backend engineer at mPharma, you will work on an autonomous squad of engineers, product managers, and designers that decide what needs to be built and how to build it. Each day backend engineers at mPharma are working on problems like how to create complex data enrichment pipelines, how to use computer vision to enhance the on-boarding experience, or how to present to the team that contract testing is awesome. Furthermore, we believe that engineers play a critical role in the product definition, so you will work with product managers and designers to determine how to solve real problems that real people have.
At the end of the day, mPharma believes in people, and in addition to being highly skilled, our team is collaborative and welcoming. We are looking for engineers who want to grow the company, themselves, and their colleagues.
Who are you
- You are a smart, kind, team player that wants to innovate while building value
- You are comfortable writing Python
- You are experienced with modern infrastructure and tooling
- You love best practices in your area of expertise
- You believe in practices like automated testing and continuous delivery
- You are comfortable with designing and building scalable, distributed systems
- You know how to apply data structures and algorithms to real world problems
What you might work on
- Automated data structuring and enrichment
- API development
- End user features like collaborative forecasting tools, phased payment programs, analytics platforms
- Integrations between complex systems
Technology keywords (to name a few)
#python #django #hug #golang #kubernetes #marathon #mesos #docker #redis #postgres #rabbit #nifi #redshift #java #vault #terraform #react #redux #pact #openid #istio #ambassador
- Accra, Ghana or Lagos, Nigeria
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “backend engineer – (Your Country) – (Your Name)”.