Frontend Software Engineer
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 45+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
We are seeking a driven, detail-oriented Frontend Software Engineer to join our growing team.
In this role, you will be working closely with our UI/UX and Product teams in coming up with
and implementing designs making use of modern tools.
– Work with UI/UX team to iterate on the design and implementation of our products
– Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
– Work with Backend Engineers to build features and ship experiments
– Find and address performance issues
– Take part in design and code reviews
– Write functional requirement documents and specifications
– Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and best practices
– BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
– 4+ years of relevant work experience
– Experience and expertise with building complex single page applications
– Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
– Experience writing frontend unit tests
– Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
– Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools i.e Git
– UI/UX design skills
– Experirence with Redux
– Experience with server-side development
– Experience with CI/CD
– 1 or more years of ReactJS development experience.
– Experirence with React Native
– Experience with Android development
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Frontend Engineer – Ghana – (Your Name)”.