Head of Finance (Provider Business Unit)
At mPharma, our loyalty is with the patient. We start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients with medical conditions afford their medications. We launched Mutti, our drug benefits service, to lower the cost of drugs for patients. We work with Payers, Drug Manufacturers and Providers to develop solutions that improve the access and affordability of medicines for patients. Our mission is to ensure universal access to drugs for all patients who need them.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional with a passion for disruptive technologies and making a social impact. The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility of leading the finance team for our core business, the provider business unit. Responsibilities include overseeing all regional financial control and treasury management functional teams, investor relations, developing analytics-backed strategies, and corporate planning to facilitate the business unit’s growth objectives globally. He/she will perform a deep dive into the data collected to evaluate and understand the drivers of business performance including performing attribution analyses, and will assist in setting, delivering and communicating strategic targets.
In this role, the individual will partner with engineering, product, provider business unit and supply chain leadership across mPharma to facilitate mPharma’s mission to ensure every patient can afford the products they need. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering results consistently and reliably.
If you are interested in joining our growing team, please find required and desired skills and qualifications below:
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the Provider business unit, such as evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers, and investments
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range corporate planning and introduction of new programs/strategies including preparation of financial projections for new partnerships
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual analyses of financial performance and market trends
- Institute a mechanism to minimize or eliminate foreign exchange risk
- Lead finance team to establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
- Manage regional teams carrying out all financial control and treasury management responsibilities
- Assist CFO with all commercial engagements and debt and equity fund raising processes
- Ensure that appropriate internal control and risk management framework is in place
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in technology and startup environment
- Strategy advising across pharmaceutical and technology sectors in areas relating to business development, financial reporting, taxation, auditing and accounting
- Proficiency in French
- Excellent problem-solving skills and exceptional project management skills
- Depth of experience working on strategic initiatives. Ability to create a road map and deliver on set objectives by leveraging team skill sets and resources with minimal guidance
- Data-minded and a deep understanding of how to measure long-term impact
- Ability to effectively communicate and leadership experience influencing a team to execute a measurable goal
- Creative and dedicated to designing and operationalizing financial products
- Fluency in English
- Chartered accountant and/or MBA.
- A BSC degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, Engineering, Physical Sciences preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Finance/ Investment banking/ Strategy Consulting preferred
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Reports to Chief Financial Officer
- Offered a competitive salary and stock options in mPharma
- Start date is Jan 2019
- This position is based at mPharma’s headquarters in East Legon, Accra
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Head of Finance (PBU) Ghana” – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.