Human Capital Lead
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 40+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission driven users. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
The successful Human Capital Director will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices. The ideal candidate should be highly organized and impact oriented as well as thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
The individual will be based in Accra but is expected to travel periodically to the other countries to ensure policies and other initiatives are implemented while ensuring consistency.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Develop, deploy and continually evaluate HR metrics dashboard aligned to business strategy.
- Ensure manager population are equipped with skills and knowledge to effectively coach and develop their people appropriately.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Lead and drive Talent Management and succession planning within the organization.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Human Resource Director Skills and Qualifications:
Human Resource Management, Hiring, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, Retaining Employees
Our Ideal Candidate
- 10 – 12 years of working experience as Human Capital Director or other Human Capital Executive roles.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Ability to lead change and work in an evolving fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work across cultures and geographies.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law.
- Global work experience in Human Resources .
- BS/MS degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Preferred start October, 2018
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience. In addition, each employee receives stock options.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Human Capital Director” – (Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.