VMI Junior Associate
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 80 members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a VMI Junior Associate to join the Ghana operations. The VMI team is the face of mPharma to new providers and play an instrumental role in our strategy to increase the provider network as we roll out our drug access programs. It is a highly visible role which entails the execution of business development and strategic assessment with the goal of onboarding of providers. You will be assigned a specific territory within a region to deliver growth targets.
- Deliver facility targets and associated revenue contribution
- Engage private/public hospitals and community pharmacies; effectively communicate the values of mPharma and our drug benefit program.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with providers in your assigned region through the organization of provider meetings and the application of other methodologies for customer acquisition.
- Lead on-boarding of hospitals/clinics and pharmacies, from initial engagements, signing of contracts, through to the launch of mPharma services on-site, while ensuring a successful transition to Key Account Management to maintain the service and relationships.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1+ years’ experience in Sales and Marketing in the health care sector
- Understanding of business development initiatives and influencing stakeholders
- Enthusiasm to work with an early stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa
- Thrive on achieving success in a target driven environment
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a matrix environment which requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Key Account, Technical and Supply Chain teams)
- Frequent travel within assigned territory
- Pharmacist, Bachelors’ degree in Sales and Marketing
- Healthcare background preferred
- This position reports to VMI Senior Associate and is offered with a competitive compensation package.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “VMI Junior Associate-Ghana – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.