VMI Key Account Manager
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 80 members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work ethics to join our Nigeria operations team as Key Account Manager. One of the key deliverables of this role is to work with your team to expand operations within the existing mPharma network. It will involve developing customer relationships that promote growth, retention and loyalty. The Key Account team is responsible for work closely with customers to ensure they are satisfied with the services they receive and to improve upon areas of dissatisfaction. The Key Account Manager will also provide technical support to customers with the goal to keep customers satisfied with mPharma products and to streamline internal customer facing processes.
- Ensure agreed organic revenue targets are achieved
- Collaborate with Supply Chain in monthly planning sessions by providing valuable insights, which will allow the business to track trends, view historical data and understand consumption patterns of facilities. Results of which will inform inventory replenishment model and help anticipate inventory orders
- Assist the team to utilize replenishment model to implement PUSH model at all existing facilities
- Support the day to day seamless operations at partner hospitals, clinics and pharmacies and serve as main mPharma point of contact following hand-over from VMI sales team
- Owning and leading multiple customer accounts and managing relationships utilizing project management best practices
- Know the company’s product portfolio and provide existing customers with technical and product support
- Identify and find solutions to potential operational issues such as billing, delays in delivery of drugs etc.
- Proactively resolve issues arising from deployment in hospitals, clinics and pharmacies and track progress of issue resolution.
- Timely collection of data extracts to allow Data Management to complete billing process
- Work with Data Management and Quality Assurance team to provide reports on variance resolution and inventory process improvement.
- Enlist constant feedback from clients, competition and communicate same to team.
- Work with Customer Service team to implement services, procedures and tools that optimize the customer experience
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years’ experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- Thrives on achieving success in a target driven environment
- 3+ years’ experience in managing and leading teams to success
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience working in multinational company with teams located in other countries is an advantage.
- The ability to be based in Lagos with frequent travel throughout the country
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales and marketing
- Understanding of Supply Chain and inventory management practices and procedures is an advantage
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong Healthcare background
- Fluent oral and written English
- This position reports to the Head of Regional VMI
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “VMI Key Account Manager-Nigeria – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.