VMI Senior Associate - Pharmacies
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 80 members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy individual with a strong entrepreneurial mindset and exceptionally high work standards to join our Nigeria operations. The VMI team is the face of mPharma to new providers and play an integral role in our strategy to increase our network of community pharmacies. It is a highly visible role which entails the execution of business development and strategic assessment with the goal of on boarding pharmacies. You will be assigned a specific region to deliver revenue growth.
- Deliver facility targets and associated revenue contribution
- Engage community pharmacies and effectively communicate the values of mPharma and the benefits of the VMI model.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with providers in your assigned region through the organization of provider meetings and the application of other methodologies for customer acquisition.
- Lead onboarding of pharmacies, from initial engagements, signing of contracts, through to the launch of mPharma services on-site, while ensuring a successful transition to Key Account Management to maintain the service and relationships.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Critically analyze the healthcare landscape and identify business development opportunities with providers who are receptive to adopting the mPharma model and advancing our objective of making drugs accessible and affordable across Africa.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and improve key marketing and communications materials.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years’ experience in Sales and Marketing in the health care sector
- Understanding of business development initiatives and influencing stakeholders
- The enthusiasm to work with an early stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa
- Thrive on achieving success in a target driven environment
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a matrix environment which requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Key Account, Technical and Supply Chain teams)
- Experience in managing/leading teams is an advantage
- The ability to be based in Accra with frequent travel within the assigned region
- Pharmacist, Bachelors’ degree in Sales and Marketing
- Strong healthcare background preferred
- This position reports to the Country Head of VMI and is offered with a competitive compensation package.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “VMI Senior Associate-Pharmacies-Nigeria – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.